Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Purpose: Sharing Sharing Sharing

Hi!

My main purpose of creating this site is to make it a platform for daddies all around the world to share their experiences in the world of parenthood. It is a daunting task, in which many have failed and in the end give up. I don't think it has to end that way, especially since there are so many good dads in this world. Good dads can help other dads become as good as them and share their wisdom in upbringing their kids the way they know best.

From my observation, the cycle continues from generation to generation where children takes over and become exactly like their parent. Although father-daughter relationships is also as important as father-son relationships, the effect can be immediately seen on sons probably because of the gender similarity.

I am a father of a 14 month old son (at the time of writing), and I am still learning on how to be a good father. Having a father who is always absent proves that it is difficult to be a father without a good role model. I am full of anger and frustration since I was young.

However, I feel lucky that instead of embracing my father's way of upbringing his kids, I strive and struggle to be the best father I can be. I read parenting books, spend quality time together with my son and work hard. But I do need other help especially from other fathers. Good and bad examples alike, both are very valuable!

I lead a very hectic life, working from 8AM-7PM and then doing an education business during nighttime, but I try my best.

If you think that parenting and being a good dad is important, you are very welcome here but if you think that parenting should be handled only by mothers, maybe this is not the place for you. But you are welcome to stay and join us! No, you don't have to be a blogger; the name of this site is a little misleading. This is intended to be a place where dads unite.

If you are interested in contributing stories and articles, you are welcome to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment